Monday, February 16, 2009

Time of My life

At this point in my life, I'm worried that if i don't write down the good times that i have, I'll eventually forget them. And right now, my life has just been silly. So it's a good thing that i found something other than myspace or facebook to write down my life on.
College life is so interesting and different from how i had imagined. I mean, i feel like a real adult. I'm on my own with my best friends and im practically free to do what i want. with the exception of having close to no money. But who needs money to have fun right? It's good that movies on campus are free because i would have spent a million dollars already just watching movies. haha.
About being practically free, this weekend was a prime example of what you can do when you're an adult. I totally went on a valentines day road trip. My buddy Aaron and I drove up friday night all the way to Spanaway, Washington. Holy crap talk about a long drive. Close to 13 hours i would say. But we made it and i met his friends Raymond and Soloman (coolest guys). Saturday we hung around and didn't do a whole lot. We drove to the University of Puget Sound to meet up with some more friends. Aaron took me out to dinner at The Rock Pizza. We actually drove around for 45 minutes to find somewhere to eat, and really, there was noooothing! While we were eating i made some cool valentines day hearts on my plate. They were made out of marinara sauce and ranch dressing. They were pretty cute if you ask me. :] It was really good pizza too. We got the one called "California Dream" and it was white sauce pizza with pesto and sun-dried tomatoes. Soooo tasy! We also got these gigantic cups and i honestly didn't think i could drink all of my strawberry lemonade. I had a lot of fun that night. Sunday we went into Seattle to see my cousin. But really, we got soooooo lost and ended up on Bainbridge Island (which is an island outside of Seattle). It was really fun though. I got to see my aunt and my cousin and we got to ride the ferry into Seattle (which Aaron and Raymond had never done before). So we made it into the city and i got to hang out with my cousin Carly and we ate some killer fish and chips. soooooooo goood! and i even got a sweet picture in front of the Space needle hahaha. After Seattle we drove allllll the way back to Spokane and woke up this morning and drove back to Poky. It was such a long day. But a really fun trip. Im glad i went. Too much fun :] Just one of the many things i've done while being my own person. I love having the freedom. But i do miss my mom and step dad and brothers. It's rough not being home with them. But really, i look at this part in my life as a chance to find out who i am. I think im doing a pretty good job at that right now. I'm trying to live life to the fullest and not let anything get me down. It happens sometimes, but its all good :]

No comments:

Post a Comment